|recipe adapted from chocolate covered katie|
I made these truly delicious mexican wedding cookies to celebrate the New Year. These cookies are gluten free and vegan, plus pack a protein punch with 3 different types of nuts! They literally melt in your mouth. Yep, it's going to be a good year.
Mexican Wedding Cookies - Gluten Free & Vegan!
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch (or an additional 1/2 cup of rice flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped mix of almonds, pecans, and cashews
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or omit butter and use 1 cup of oil)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus more for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the butter and oil with the powdered sugar and beat in a medium bowl or stand mixer.
- Stir together the flours, xanthan gum, and nuts in a separate bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together to form a dough.
- Shape dough into balls (approximately 1") and place on a greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Ready an extra bowl of powdered sugar and roll (or sprinkle) the warm cookies in this bowl to coat. Cool on a wire rack.
The recipe makes about 40-50 cookies, depending on how big you roll them. Each cookie ball has approximately 65 calories.